PHYSICAL THERAPY FOR SURGERY RECOVERY
Following surgery, it is extremely important to receive physical therapy in order to properly return back to your daily activities (work, sporting activities, grocery shopping, housework, etc.).
At Restoration Physical Therapy you will receive an extensive evaluation of your injured area by an expert physical therapist with years of training in medical evaluation of musculoskeletal conditions. Your physical therapist will then discuss the medical findings and formulate a unique plan of care for your specific surgery. We will focus on strengthening muscles, reducing scar tissue, improving flexibility, and reducing pain and swelling.
Treatment may include stretches, strengthening exercises, postural education, gait training, proper body mechanics training, manual techniques, dry needling, soft tissue massage, reducing swelling and scar tissue, phonophoresis, iontophoresis, and/or modalities including ultrasound and Electrical Stimulation (TENS Unit).
If ordered by your physician, and covered by your insurance plan, you may be fitted for a home TENS unit in order to help manage your pain.
TREATED SURGERIES INCLUDE...
- LUMBAR SPINAL SURGERY - Discectomy, Laminectomy, Fusion
- CERVICAL SPINAL SURGERY - Discectomy, Laminectomy, Fusion
- SHOULDER, ELBOW, WRIST SURGERY - Including rotator cuff repairs, shoulder replacements, fractures, elbow and
- HIP OR KNEE SURGERY - Including Total Hip Replacement, Total Knee Replacement, ACL Reconstruction, and Meniscus Repairs.
- ANKLE OR FOOT SURGERY - Including Bunionectomies, Hammer toes, Foot reconstruction, Ligament/Tendon repairs,